Whenever we are doing an installation of Artificial Grass, we do the following:
- Remove the existing sod surface
- Add a base is created using a special blend of crushed rock (2″ – 4″ depth), then smoothed and compacted.
- The artificial grass is then rolled onto the surface of the base and seamed together if necessary (turf widths are 15′.)
- Then the infill material is spread over the top of the grass using a fertilizer spreader and brushed to the bottom of the artificial grass.
- The grass product and intended use determine the type and amount of infill. The infill can be sand, rubber crumb, or our eco-friendly Organafill™,or zeofill which is great for pets (or a combination of the above).
- Installation for synthetic putting greens is similar but there are additional layers of base materials that need to be thoroughly compacted.